Friday, May 14, 2010

Taos

Okay, I must admit that doing this blog daily is not as much fun as I thought it would be.  I certainly am not Dale - but I will do my best for today and that leaves one more day on the blog as our trip ends tomorrow when we arrive in Colorado.
I love New Mexico - after leaving the Roswell area the drive was beautiful.  The landscape went from flat land to rolling hills to mountains.  It frequently looked like the Merritt/Kamloops area.  We drove through charming historical towns, one of which was Lincoln where Billy the Kid met his maker.  There were a lot of gift shops and the local people were chatty and eager to tell us about the historical events that happened in their town.
Newton Train Stn.

The weather was variable; we had some rain, hail, wind, fog and temperatures ranged from 43 to 73.  Due to the length of time we spent on the road we got into Taos too late to see much and the rain was coming down in sheets.  We saw enough to realize that this is a place worth spending some time in.  We were unable to go to Taos Pueblo and that is disappointing but I will just have to return.
Taos Plaza
We had some delicious Mexican food in a local sports pub and are now ready to retire for the eveniing.  I am looking forward to arriving in Colorado tomorrow.
Blou

No comments: